Friday, October 21, 2011

children's book

An Ark City woman can now call herself a children’s author. Shelia Riedl said it all began with a dream one night, and encouragement from her kids.

After waking up from her dream that night, she woke up the next morning and could not stop thinking about that dream, so she started writing down as much as she could remember.

While working on “Elijiah and the Elephant”, Riedl’s children had questioned what she was doing, “they had me read what I wrote so far, they loved it and said you’ve got to finish the story. So, they’ve encouraged me all along, and I finished it.”

Riedl had finished the book several years ago, but spent those years researching publishers, and found one that allowed the author to have total control of the book. The publisher, Xlibris, which is a print by demand company, gave her complete rights to the book.

The message of the book, “A little girl and her friend, and what they can accomplish together, and to help other people.”

“Elijiah and the Elephant” can be ordered from Xlibris online at xlibris.com/bookstore. Books are $15, plus shipping and handling. You can also pick it up at Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com.

Riedl says this is just the start, as she plans on writing more children’s books in the near future.
{source: Shawn Wheat}

Book Description:

‘Elijah and the Elephant’ is a dream I had one night. It was a fun movie my mind played as I was sleeping. When I woke up the next morning, I could not stop thinking about the dream. I had prayed the night before for God to give me a new project to work on. I decided writing this book must be the project. I began to write down as much of the dream as I could remember. When my kids asked me what I was doing, I told them. They asked me to tell them the story. They liked it and wanted me to finish the story. My husband and kids encouraged me to turn the story into a book to share with others. I hope others will enjoy this fun story. It is a story about a adventurous young girl, friendship, and helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment